Ankle boots are a staple in the fall! These tips and ideas will help you improve your ankle boot outfits.
Why the “before” ankle boot outfit needs improvements:
- Check out this ankle boot outfit. I love a good oversized sweatshirt! It’s cozy and comfortable. But when this one (or any one) is untucked, it creates a really unflattering shape with a wide middle.
- Also the hemline hits right at the widest part of my body so it draws attention right to my hips. We want our clothes to highlight the best areas.
- My ankle boots are super heavy and clunky and stand out starkly against the skinny jean. We want a sleeker look.
- And, of course, my jeans are too long and get bunchy around the ankles.
A few easy ways to improve your ankle boot outfits
- First, swap the jeans for a pair that hits you closer to your ankle.
- Instead of a black, clunky boot, choose a sleek tan boot to elongate your leg line.
- A half tuck to your sweatshirt makes a bit different in your leg line because you can see all the way from your waist to your toes!
- It’s optional, but I added a jacket just to break up the sea of leopard print and add a bit of color. But again, this is totally optional!
- I meant to add some earrings, but forgot. Add a pair of simple ones to draw attention up toward your face.
If you’re more of a visual person, here’s the same advice in action
Looking to add a few ankle boots to your closet this season?
I just did a post about 25 tan ankle boots RIGHT HERE.
Other fall ankle boot outfits to give you some inspiration
Why these outfits work:
- Outfit 1
- See? Light wash jeans CAN work in the fall! But that’s not what we’re talking about here. These tan ankle boots elongate my leg line, and there’s a perfect small ankle gap visible. That’s good!
- The half tuck elongates the leg line as well.
- A hat adds some visual interest up top and draws the eye up! It’s also a good accessory since the outfit is pretty simple.
- Outfit 2
- A black boot with dark wash jeans is a great idea to elongate that leg line. Here it works great.
- My jeans are a little bit long, so I cuffed them and they look fantastic. Letting the jeans bunch on top of the shoes makes it obvious that your jeans are too long.
- Of course a half tuck elongates the leg line as well.
- A pair of statement earrings adds some interest and draws attention up to my face.
Why these outfits work:
- Outfit 3
- A knot in a top is a great way to bring the hemline up so the oversized top isn’t too long.
- Perfect little ankle gap between my jeans and boots.
- Brown ankle boots absolutely work with black jeans.
- Outfit 4
- These ankle boots are bold, but a bold sweater keeps attention up toward your face!
- I cuffed the jeans because they’re obviously too long.
- With ankle boots that long, you don’t want too big of an ankle gap because it’ll be higher up your calf so the width will be bigger and make the rest of your leg look bigger.
- That half tuck works great for elongating your legs!
Think you can wear your ankle boots now? Go for it!