Flats are a staple in my closet, and should be in yours. You can dress them up or down, wear them to work or church or with your kids, or just around the house. Let me show you some of my favorite flats.
The closet staple category for August is Flats!
Every month during 2019 I’ve been sharing CLOSET STAPLES. It’s two posts every month with staples you should have in your closet. I include styling ideas and shopping options as well!
If you’ve missed these closet staple posts, find all of them RIGHT HERE.
For August, let’s talk about flats. We’re heading back to school and into fall, and these are a great shoe choice for teachers who are on their feet all day, or for those fall days when the weather is too cold for sandals. They are honestly the most versatile shoe.
Here are a few ways to wear your flats:
- Dress them up with a blouse and jeans for date night.
- Toss them on with jeans and a t-shirt.
- You can for sure wear them with shorts and a sweatshirt.
- Pair them with a summer dress!
- A skirt and a tee looks adorable with a pair of flats
- Wear them with a dress and jacket
- You can even wear flats with leggings and a cardigan.
The options of outfits with flats are endless.
Also, the varieties of flats are endless. Mules, ballet flat, almond toe, pointed toe, d’orsay, loafers, slides….so many different options!
These are my most worn flats in my closet: