chambray top: target (similar) // belt: target (similar) // jeans: forever 21 (similar) // wedges: payless (shop) // glasses: firmoo (similar)
A few favorite things from the last week:
- I finally started my 5K training, after it was postponed about 20 times due to the-cold-that-never-ended. I’m forever indebted to Janssen for telling me about the Couch to 5K app, which talks over my music and tells me when to walk and run. Already it’s going a million times better than my attempt back in 2007 (major fail).
- Along with running, I’m working to eat better, so we’re back to drinking green smoothies every day for breakfast and lunch (Peanut happily drinks them too). In an effort to add just a few more servings of veggies, I’m still using this basic recipe, but now adding a large chunk of cucumber and two stalks of celery. I know, I can’t believe I like it, but I do.
- Kayla, who moved up to Seattle the same week we moved to California, was in town for two days to get some orthodontia work done and stayed with us. Two days of shopping and girl talk? What more could a girl ask for?
- Buck rolled over for the first time yesterday (as you might have seen on my instagram), and I think all the attention and pressure was more than he could handle cause the moment Daddy came home, anxious to see the new trick, he clammed up. At least I got a little video.
- I spent all day Saturday at a Power of Mom’s retreat up near Pasadena. I’d never heard of the organization before, but five minutes in to the day, I was totally sold. Insanely inspirational women, and ideas that have had my brain working overtime since the moment I left.
Oh, and click here to see if you won the Happy Baby Wrap giveaway!! Happy Wednesday!
I love the red, chambray, leopard combo! xo
So glad you are liking the couch to 5K. Isn't it great?
Cute outfit…and good luck workin' on your fitness! I'm really good at the couch part, not so much the 5K.
~Sarah of Sarah's Real Life
P.S. I'd love for you to join in on my "Take One, Pass it On" Outfit Remix challenge!
Sounds like you're doing really well!
Also, question: I like to listen to audio books when I'm running: does the couch to 5K app you recommended allow for that, or would it just be very annoying to hear the narrator interrupted with the app instructions?
love this outfit, almost makes me want to go get a chambray shirt…
You look so chic, Merrick! Not like that's new news, but I had to say it anyway. I love this outfit on you. And hooray for the 5k!
What a great list! So inspiring! We have a Power of Moms group here that I go to and it really is a great thing. Jealous you went to a retreat! You are looking fabulous by the way. No way you have a what, 3 month old?
I am downloading that app right away! Just what I need to get back on the fit train after baby 🙂
Darling outfit! I would love to find a pair of red skinnies like yours but am having the toughest time finding a flattering pair. Until then, my red pencil skirt will have to stand in 🙂 Love the touch of leopard.
isn't the couch-to-5-k app awesome!? I never could get mine to talk to me, though, which was annoying as heck because I had to run holding it in my hand and constantly check the dang thing. Are you doing a fun run, or just a regular 5k? (or have you decided yet?)
I pretty much wore that exact outfit yesterday. Also, I love the couch to 5k it was a great way to get me into running. I actually like to run now and I have always hated it.
hello..love your blog 🙂 I'm glad you shared that app because I have been meaning to do a 5k for a while and I'm not the greatest or runners..hopefully it will help. Love the jeans btw
I honestly would wear this everyday if I could 🙂 You are adorable!
Sounds like you've been bust and getting lots done! Great outfit!
Hahaha, love the part "cause the moment Daddy came home, anxious to see the new trick, he clammed up." cheeky little Buck!
Cute outfit! I totally bought a leopard-print belt this weekend because of your adorable style inspiration, and I can't wait to wear it!
Good luck with your 5K. I'm planning on a 10K in the next few months.
I am also doing the Couch to 5K challenge! It is already getting so much easier! Good luck with it
P.s. that look is adorable on you
The little guy is ssooo cute! Kiss those cheeks for me please.. Love the outfit!