8 Ways to Style an Olive Jacket

Photography by Taylor Cole

Merrick's Art Utility Jacket

Outfit Details:

Similar Olive Anorak Jacket, Strap Front Tee, DL1961 Jeans (more sizes here), Frank Sarto Ankle Boots, Michael Kors Bag, Quay Sunglasses (similar here and here)

The anorak/military/utility/olive jacket is one of my most versatile and most worn jackets in my wardrobe. It’s a perfect lightweight jacket for spring, so today I’m sharing eight different ways to style this jacket, as well as some of my favorites in this style of jacket so you can add one to your wardrobe if you don’t own one!

Merrick's Art Anorak Jacket
Merrick's Art Blush Olive and Gray
Merrick's Art Olive Jacket
Merrick's Art Casual
Merrick's Art Blush Cross Front Tee

The above combination of blush and olive is one of my very favorite color combinations because it’s a subtle mix of masculine and feminine. But below I’m sharing eight other ideas besides the blush and olive combo so you can get tons of use out of your anorak jacket.

How to Style an Olive Jacket

Outfit Details (from top left to bottom right)

1 // Gray Lush TeeDL1961 Jeans (more sizes here), Nike Sneakers
2 // Old Target Dress, similar here, Blush Sneakers
3 // Similar Lace TopDL1961 Jeans (more sizes here), Open Toe Booties
4 // Light Chambray Button Down, White Denim, Ankle Boots
5 // Black Tee, Black Denim, Double Buckle Belt, Black Ankle Boots
6 // J.Crew Gingham Button Down, Boyfriend Jeans, White Converse Sneakers
7 // Faux Leather Leggings, Gray Sweater, Nike Sneakers
8 // Floral Dress, Lace Up Sandals

Shop some of my favorite anorak jackets in the widget below — they range in price from $40 to $150!

Shop this Post

1. Kallie says:

LOVE the one with the jumpsuit. Army green jacket is a staple for me! Waiting patiently for spring so I can whip mine out!

Kallie | butfirstcoffeeblog.com

2. Carmen says:

with the new website look the photos become so small and there’s no way to enlarge them. It’s hard to see the outfits…..
    Cheers from Italy! Carmen @thehoneythread

• merrickwhite says:

are you viewing on mobile? Or desktop? If you’re on mobile, you can pinch and drag to enlarge the images. Or if you’re on desktop, it should be big enough. I’m on a 13″ laptop and I’m able to see it clearly. Let me know! xx

• Cecilia says:

If you have the link to the post as a favorite, you may have to up date it. It happened the same to me and then it worked fine after the refresh. Best regards from Argentina!

3. Yumi LaMarr says:

Of all the jackets you linked, I love the one you’re wearing the most! Where can I find it?? I love everything you do/wear, and you’ve inspired me to improve my sewing skills so I can make some clothing for myself!

4. Maribel Quesada says:

I’m new to your blog. I noticed a variety of shoes. Many going with different outfits. Have you done a post on must have shoes?

5. kariharper says:

Love this post! Can I please have bracelet deets? 🙂

6. Yvonne Ashon says:

This is a pretty olive colored jacket.

7. Paige Cassandra Flamm says:

These are all awesome! I have an olive jacket, and never wear it as much as I want to! This is great style inspo!

Paige

8. Joy Terribilini McCulloch says:

Love your blog and your style. I followed the very first link to buy the jacket you’re wearing because it looks just perfect. But then I was disappointed when it arrived– it’s much different than the one you have on. It’s really bulky (despite sizing down to XXS), the sleeves are too short and there are a lot of differences in the details. So I guess everyone just be warned that the one in the photos isn’t the one you’ll get when you click on the link for it.

• merrickwhite says:

Oh no! I’m so, so sorry. I always try to say in the link that it’s “similar” if it’s not the exact one and I guess I overlooked that this time. I’ve updated the wording and I sincerely apologize. Hope you can find the perfect one! xx