PRINT MIX MONDAY

h&m tee (old) – similar here and here
asos skirt (on sale!)

PHOTOGRAPHY BY JANA LAURENE
The more I mix prints, the braver I get. When I first started doing it a few years ago, I wore a tiny, almost unnoticeable print, mixed with another only slightly larger print. But now, the bolder the better, I say. If you’re going to do it, just go for it. And this Asos floral skirt is just asking to be mixed up with some other big bold print, don’t you think? It’s one of my new favorites (and it’s on sale here)!
Stripes are always my go-to when I print mix, since they go with absolutely everything, but polka dots and plaid are also two super easy patterns that are easy to throw in to any mix (in fact, I’m working on some plaid projects for the holidays, so you can bet there will be lots of plaid print mixing up in here).
Over the weekend, we celebrated Halloween with my parents in town. We went trick or treating, swam at their hotel pool, visited the Discovery Cube science museum in Santa Ana, and I hosted our traditional frightening feast (all the leftover decor from our spooktacular soiree definitely came in useful!).  It was the funnest weekend, and the 30 degree temperature drop and torrential downpour of rain was the cherry on top. Hope you had a Happy Halloween weekend too!

p.s. I’ll be sharing some holiday gift guides very soon, but if you’re starting on your holiday shopping already, you can get 25% off at Old Navy with code SAVE through Wednesday, and Gap has 30% off regular priced items through today with code JOY! Go snag some Christmas jammies, or a few sweaters!

1. Natali says:

You did amazing job mixing two different patterns! Love this outfit!

2. Christina Storm says:

I love the floral and the stripe together! Such a great look!
    The Style Storm
    <3, Christina

3. I always love some good old pattern mixing, this is super cute!

Kristina does the Internets

4. These two patterns compliment each other well!

Liz @ ShoppingMyCloset.com

5. Anna Baun says:

Love, love this! Great mix of playful patterns! XO

Anna
    alilyloveaffair.com

6. Laura Jones says:

lovely mix of patterns and i love that skirt! x

7. Hannah says:

Love this outfit and look! It’s super cute, but I always find that fashion bloggers outfits can be somewhat unrealistic for me to emulate. Do you have any tips for how to dress up like this on an every day basis without feeling overdressed?

• Merrick says:

I wore this to church, where everyone is dressed up, and didn’t feel a bit overdressed, but for every day wear you could substitute the shirt for a short sleeved striped t-shirt (which feels more casual), and throw on a pair of ankle boots, sandals, or even sneakers to make it more casual. Hope that helps!

• Hannah says:

Oh I didn’t realize that you wore this to church! That makes so much more sense, I was imagining doing errands in this and was so confused as to how you do it all in heels! But great tips, I’m gonna try it out!

8. Sheridan Anne says:

I love mixing patterns! This outfit is beautiful for church xox

9. AJ says:

Stripes and floral are always a great pattern mixing combo!

-AJ

10. hima says:

Hey, I just saw this skirt on sale but I find online sizing tricky. May I know which size skirt are you wearing here?