September 26, 2013
11 tidbits about my baby at 11 months:
1. Just in the last few days he's gotten really, really fast at crawling. It's almost comical how fast his little hands and knees go as he zooms across the room.
2. I spent my first night away from him (actually 3 nights) when I was at Sewing Summit. He refused milk from the sippy cup for two days, then finally gave in on the last day and drank it without a problem. Then when I walked in the door after 3 1/2 days he burst into tears, clutched to his daddy, and sobbed in his shoulder for a solid five minutes. Broke my dang heart. Then he remembered me and all was well with the world again.
3. He's starting to walk around the furniture...walking is in the not too distant future. Hold me.
4. Speaking of crawling and walking, he now thinks he's big enough to conquer the stairs (terrifying for me since they are wood!) Several times I've looked away for one minute and next thing I know he's made his way to the staircase and is standing on the second step, not sure what to do next. He's only fallen one time, and it was only from the first step, but it was horrible.
5. Four teeth!! Two on top and two on bottom.
6. He is a garbage disposal and eats more than Peanut most meals.
7. I'm still nursing him three times a day and have no plans to stop soon. I'm kind of shocked by this, because I was counting down the days to Peanut's first birthday when I could switch to cow's milk (and then I only made it to 10 1/2 months...). But nursing with this baby is a totally different experience and I absolutely love it. So I plan to go until both of us are ready to stop, whenever that is.
8. He's starting to get a little attitude and gets really offended when I take something away from him (like batteries from a dropped and busted open TV remote...mean mom, I know).
9. He's starting to pick up on sign language and almost always gets the "milk" sign correct when he's hungry. We're also working on "more," but right now it mostly comes out as just clapping and flailing ;)
10. His eyes have started to turn a little bit green in the last month, and though they still turn blueish when he's wearing blue, it doesn't look like he'll be a blue-eyed, blonde-haired boy.
11. He's getting really good at playing with Peanut. He's super interested in trains and legos, but those happen to be the two toys that Peanut is most protective of. So we're working on sharing and not being selfish and although it's still really tough for Peanut, they do have a little chunks of time where they will play together and it melts this mama's heart.
Happy 11 months, little nugget! Our family wouldn't be complete without you.