My sisters and I have been working together on the Sisters Share It All series for almost a year now, and after a bit of discussion we’ve decided to take in a different direction. It started off as just a free-for-all of topics, but most of our topics ended up being clothing, style, and shopping related, so we’ve made a few adjustments and are now directing our series solely toward those topics.
So here we are, now called “Raiding My Sister’s Closet,” and what better way to kick off the start of this “new” series than to talk swimsuits? We’re heading into the warmest months of the year, so it’s time to start shopping for something to wear when you hit the pool or the beach this summer!
We each chose five of our favorite swimsuits from around the web, and here are my picks.
1. Since we’re a mile from the beach, we’ll be down there all the time for the next few summers (and springs and falls), so I invested in two new swimsuits that will hopefully last me a few years. This one from J.Crew was one of them, and with it’s classic cut and my favorite navy and white stripes, I LOVE this one and will wear the heck out of it. (purchased with a recent 20% off coupon code)
2. I am a big fan of tankinis that can be mixed and matched with other tops and bottoms. This one from Old Navy has such a pretty print, and I would pair the top with black, white, or blue bottoms, or the bottom with a top in those colors!
3. I usually go for tankini’s, but with so many fun one pieces this season, I picked up this one from Gap for my second swimsuit investment. The simple print is unique, and not overwhelming, and I love the tie in the back that adds a pretty little cut-out detail. (purchased with a recent 30% sale)
4. I’m not usually a huge fan of DownEast’s swimwear, but this one instantly caught my eye. The hand-drawn scallop pattern is so pretty (especially in the mint color), and makes a simple white swimsuit a little more fun.
5. I bought a version of this swimsuit from Target a few years ago, right after I had my first baby, and it’s still in fantastic condition. With four other neutral swimsuit choices, I loved this one in a bright pink color, but there are several other pretty color choices, including a bright white and a gorgeous minty green. Plus, it’s a great deal at only $35!