Anyway, here we are. Get a load of those squishy cheeks!
And a few mentionables about his first month of life:
- The first week after we brought him home from the hospital was a little rough -- sleep all day and awake all night was his philosophy. Happily, we fought hard to keep him awake for some portion of the day, and within a few days he switched to a good schedule.
- Now he's sleeping like a champ, and only getting up one time a night (usually between 5:00 and 6:30am to eat), and then going right back to sleep for many more hours. Man, I feel so good.
- With Philip gone only ten days after he was born, he spent a lot of time with me, and thus has become a total mama's boy. He's finally getting used to being held by Philip, but for a while there it was all about me (which, by the way, I totally didn't mind. Loved the attention from my little man, especially since Peanut is a major daddy's boy. Gotta keep things even around here, you know).
- Survived his first cold. Fortunately it never got too bad, but he was grouchy for a few days while his throat was probably sore and nose was pretty stuffy.
- Besides the few days of grumpiness, he's been an incredibly good baby, and hardly ever fussy unless he's hungry or tired. Although when he's hungry and not fed within a reasonable amount of time, he's a screamer!
- He is on a perfect schedule of nursing on one side, pooping immediately after, and then eating on the other side. Seriously, it's like clockwork.
- Also, I've been peed on so many times already -- with Peanut, it happened maybe twice ever. Not this guy...the second that diaper is off and he feels freedom, he lets loose.
- He's a terrific eater (and very fast! Oh, it's so great!) and that's resulted in quite a few rolls. We're constantly cleaning lint out of his neck, armpits, and leg rolls.
- We weren't quite there at one month, but now at six and a half weeks we're getting lots of smiles when we tickle his cheeks or talk baby talk to him.
- Lots of cooing (it sounds like he's saying "hi" all the time)
- Still the cuddliest baby a mama could ask for. Sometimes he gets worked up for some reason, and then when I pick him up, he just lays his head on my shoulder, wide awake, just calming himself down. Obviously he just needed to feel my arms around him and my heartbeat against his cheek. Oh, I love it.
Bottom line, having another baby is so great. My sister tweeted yesterday that she loves having a newborn in the house again (she just had her second baby girl last Friday!) and I couldn't agree more. There's just nothing better than a tiny, squishy baby.
Please don't grow up too fast, sweet Buck. We're trying to enjoy every moment.
See Peanut's one month post here.
Sheepskin rug: IKEA
Gold pillow: West Elm
Buck's outfit: Old Navy (old)