Tiered midi dresses and tiered dresses in general are really popular this season. Here’s some ideas of how to wear them, layer with them, and belt them.
Tiered midi dresses are very on-trend this year.
I’ve been loving the tiered midi dress trend this year, and have already added a few to my closet. They’re so feminine, and easy to dress up and dress down.
But the biggest question I’m getting from you girls is “can you belt a tiered dress?”
Tiered dresses are often flowy and wide, and you can easily get lost in the fabric.
Some tiered dresses already have a belt or a waistband built in, but let’s talk about those flowy ones without any shape. I’ll show you a few ways to wear them, layer with them, and belt them to get a little more shape.
3 Easy ways to wear a tiered midi dress
1. Wear it as is (no layers)
This is obviously an easy option – no layers, no belting, just the dress.
But don’t forget about shoes! If you’re wearing a dress with a wide and boxy shape, the right shoes are very important. Here are some options:
- Try a pair of flat sandals that show a lot of your foot. Your body is already going to be covered with a lot of fabric, so showing more of your leg and foot will help keep your look from feeling overwhelmed by clothes.
- Wedges or heeled sandals are a great idea and perfect for spring. Also, the more foot you show, the better.
- You can do sneakers, but keep them slim and low cut.
- AVOID clunky ankle boots and sneakers, or slip on flats that will shorten your look under all that fabric.
2. Belt the dress
This is where it gets a little tricky.
I’ve created a little graphic below to help you figure out how to belt your tiered midi dress.
3. Layering over your midi dress
If your tiered dress is boxy and doesn’t define your shape at all, wear a jacket that’s cropped so the end hits you close to your natural waist.
Or try a blazer that’s a little bit longer but very tailored, so you get some shape through your upper half.
AVOID long cardigans or boxy jackets and coats with this style of dress.
images found via pinterest
Tiered midi dresses are really such fun dresses and I highly recommend them as fun summer options.
Just take these tips into consideration as you put your outfit together.
If you’re looking for a good tiered midi dress for your closet, check these out
Here’s a video all about wearing tiered midi dresses so you can see this advice in action:
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST, YOU’LL PROBABLY LOVE THESE POSTS