Back when I was living in Utah, heavy winter coats during the winter were a requirement, obviously. Now that we’re in Southern California, the most I need is a light jacket, so I’ve been on the lookout for a few good ones that I can throw on during a cool day, or for an evening out. And even if we move somewhere colder in the future, they’ll be useful during the spring and fall.
Here are a few fun ones that I found lately.
1. This “Mini Trench” from Loft is a fun alternative to a classic trench. The shorter sleeves would be fun to wear a long sleeve tee underneath, or a big stack of bracelets on your exposed wrists. Plus the color is so pretty and bright. (oh, and it’s 30% off right now with code SHOP30!)
2. I’ve seen these canvas and leather mix jackets popping up around and think they’re so fun. I love this olive green one from H&M with a few cool zipper details.
3. There are a few cute trench coats on this site, but this orange one is my favorite. It’s a classic shape, but a fun bright color!
4. I had a jean jacket in high school that I loved and wore to death. I’m excited to see them back in stores and I’m thinking about picking one up. They’re so easy to dress up and down!
5. I have a faux leather jacket that I love and wear often, but this one from Forever 21 is totally different from the one I already have and would be a fun addition to my closet. With the angled zipper and dark blue color, it’s edgy and fun while still being neutral.
Which one is your favorite?
I like 2,4, and 5! I have to agree I love a good jean jacket!!!
I love that orange jacket, the color is so fun!
Kristina does the Internets
1,3, & 4. When I was about your age, I purchased a bright teal trench coat and wore it for several years (springtime). My daughter who is about your age now wears it.
I love a Jean jacket! Wear mine all the time!
I'm a fan of the jean jacket! There's something about it that's so versatile…you can dress it up or dress it down. The trench is also as versatile. Have fun with your choices. Somewhat jealous that you get to wear these lovely lightweights. I'm still bundled up in my parka here in the east coast!
Banana Republic has some FABULOUS mid-length lightweight trenches right now, and I just bought one for the same Southern California January cool 🙂