If you’re anything like me, and I think most of you are, you’re a Pinterest fan. Yes, it’s total visual overload, and there is a fair amount of junk on there, but I receive some of my best blogging, sewing, fashion, and refashioning ideas from there. Plus, my office would be complete madness if I used real pin boards to save all my ideas and inspiration. So I think it’s genius.
But I think the problem we all run into is actually doing those projects, or making those recipes, or wearing those great outfits. Some of my favorite pins can get lost in the shuffle, and that’s just not right. So for this round of Sisters Share It All, we’re doing the Pinterest Challenge. Go through your Pinterest boards and pick six pins (whatever they may be) to work on and complete during the next six weeks, and then come back and report at the end of those six weeks.
Sound fun? We thought so.
Oh, and if you blog about it, add our button!
Here’s what I’ll be working on over the next few weeks:
1. Now that we live 10 blocks from the beach, and I plan to spend a large chunk of our spring, summer, and fall down there, I want a few good swimsuit coverups. This one from jcrew looks easy enough to make and is simple and pretty.
2. I make soup all the time, but this one calls for dry beans, which I’ve never done. Lazy me always goes for the cans. But since we’re challenging ourselves here, and I’d really like to start saving a few bucks by using dry beans regularly, this is my chance.
3. I love this outfit, and with a fun new sweatshirt I recently got, I’m going to try it out.
4. Peanut and I try really hard to eat healthy during the day, and try to limit ourselves to one afternoon snack after he gets up from his nap. I’m try to offer a variety of things for this snack, and this sounds these frozen banana pops sound like a fun one that we’ll enjoy making together and then eating outside on a warm afternoon.
5. I’ve been wanting to make Buck some leggings for a while now, and this little pattern is so simple. I won’t be making them two colors like hers, but I am planning to do a little fabric paint to create some fun patterns!
6. I’m a total stripes addict. Might as well add a DIY one to the mix!