I’ve been thinking about doing something like this for a long time, and have even been approached by several readers about it, but haven’t ever gotten around to it until now.
With all the tutorials I’ve posted, I’m guessing there are quite a few of you out there that have followed my tutorials and have either refashioned, altered, or sewn from scratch something in your closet. Well, now I want to see it, and I want to share it!
If you’re interested in submitting a photo to be featured for this Sew and Tell Feature, follow the instructions below. I can’t wait to see your projects!
1. Take photos of your sewing projects (preferably with you wearing them, if applicable), and name the file with your first name, blog, and submission number (if submitting more than one) (ex. MERRICK_MERRICKSART_1)
2. You can submit up to four photos. Please only submit one photo per sewing project, unless it’s a before and after (in which case, please collage the before and after photos together so they are one photo/file)
3. Submissions do not have to be projects from my tutorials — you can submit any refashion or project you’d done.
4. Send all photos to merricksart [at] gmail [dot] com, subject line: “SEW AND TELL,” with a back link to your blog (if you’ve blogged about your project, include that direct link).
5. Entries are due by October 24, 11:59PM MST
6. During my maternity leave in two weeks, I’ll be posting and linking to all of the submissions.