This week is Better Than Basics week! Today we’re talking all about Better Than Basic fall jumpsuits and dresses. Here are 21 really fantastic ones!
Do you own a few better than basic fall jumpsuits and dresses?
In the fall when it can be cool in the morning and warm in the afternoons, we all need those easy pieces you can just toss on with layers. Typically they’re fall jumpsuits or dresses.
I like to call them the “one-and-done” pieces.
If you don’t own any, now is the time to grab a few for your fall wardrobe.
What makes a fall jumpsuit or dress better than basic?
These are the kinds of jumpsuits or dresses that are a step above your basics.
Here are some things to look for in a Better Than Basic jumpsuit or dress.
- Fabric – the quality or type of the fabric makes a big difference in how nice a dress or jumpsuit looks and feels. Look for thicker sweatshirt dresses, structured sweater dresses, heavier weight jumpsuits, corduroy or velvet dresses or rompers…
- Color – you can never go wrong with rich fall hues like burgundy, burnt orange, navy, olive, etc.
- Print – look for plaid, fall florals, buffalo check, leopard print, or micro dots!
- Shape – swing dresses, wide leg jumpsuits, tiered dresses, fit and flare dresses, jumpsuits and dresses with waist ties
- Sleeve, neckline, and waist details – puffed sleeves, square or v-shaped necklines, wrap style, ruffle sleeves, tie sleeves, waist tie…so many options!
How to wear a better than basic jumpsuit or dress
Since these are one-and-done pieces, the only thing you have to add is accessories and maybe a warm layer!
- add a belt to a more shapeless dress
- add fun better than basic shoes
- add a baseball or felt fedora hat
- throw a chunky cardigan over the top
Here are a few examples.
Check out these great 21 Better Than Basic fall jumpsuits and dresses