This week is Better Than Basics week! Today we’re talking all about Better Than Basic fall tops. Here are twenty one really great ones.
Do you own a few better than basic fall tops?
We probably ALL have basics in our closet (if you don’t, read this post right here). But it’s those BETTER THAN BASIC pieces that really make your basics shine, and help you put together BETTER THAN BASIC outfits.
So many of you tell me you struggle to put together great outfits – they feel boring and too simple.
Adding a couple of BETTER THAN BASIC fall tops to your closet will help you put together some amazing outfits this fall.
What makes fall tops better than basic?
These are the kinds of tops that are a step above your basic t-shirts, sweaters or sweatshirts. We all have t-shirts and sweaters, and they’re essential in a closet but they can be boring if you pair basics with basics!
Here are some things to look for in a Better Than Basic top.
- Fabric – the quality or type of the fabric makes a big difference in how nice a top looks and feels. Look for quality knits, thick and sturdy sweatshirt material, soft flannels, wool jackets, or details like quilting (that’s very popular this year).
- Color – in the fall, rich hues like rust, burgundy, deep browns, navy, olive, and other colors are great choices. You’ll also see a few bolder and brighter colors mixed in here!
- Print – plaids, buffalo check, florals, leopard prints…so many good fall prints!
- Shape – peplum, wrap style, button up, flowy, cropped, boxy, fitted – lots of options here!
- Sleeve and neckline details – puffed sleeves, square or v-shaped necklines, ruffle neck, ruffle sleeves, tie sleeves…so many good variations!
How to wear a better than basic fall top
This is where your basics come in. You can pair Better Than Basic tops with basic jeans or pants during the fall. You could tuck or half tuck them into a skirt. Wear them with wide-leg pants, or dress pants, or even jogger pants!
Of course, you can also wear them with not-so-basic pieces too.
Here are a few examples…
Check out these great 21 Better Than Basic fall tops
If you missed DAY ONE of the Better Than Basics Guide, check it out HERE.