This post is brought to you by CJ Affiliate’s VIP Content Service. Thank you American Eagle Outfitters and Aerie for sponsoring this post. While this was a sponsored opportunity from AEO and Aerie, all content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Last week on my blog I shared some pieces that are great for transitioning to fall, and today on the blog I want to go a little deeper for two of them.
Do you remember those “Pajama Jeans” that started showing up probably ten years ago? Well in the last ten years, comfortable denim has come a long way, and jeggings are no longer bad, stretchy, faux denim.
My go to for the best jeggings is American Eagle Outfitters. I’ve bought probably four pairs from them in the last couple of years and the fit, style, and quality is all there. Plus you can’t beat the price – especially cause all their jeans, joggers, and shorts are Buy 1 Get 1 50% off right now, PLUS free shipping — hurry, it expires tomorrow, August 30th!
I’m wearing these dark denim jeggings from AEO and let me tell you why they’re perfect transitioning-to-fall jeans:
- They have a nice thick, stretchy denim that’s comfortable, but still warmer than some super lightweight jegging material. So you can wear them in cold weather!
- No distressing so you keep your knees and thighs covered and warm as the weather cools down
- Dark wash that goes well with all those darker hues we wear during the fall and winter
- Great, skinny fit that will go really nicely under knee high or over-the-knee boots. Or just cuff the ankle a little and wear them with your ankle boots!
Flannel Button Down Shirt
A flannel shirt is a staple in any girl’s wardrobe. Or a guy’s wardrobe for that matter. It’s a great piece that can take you through the whole year.
I’m wearing this one from American Eagle Outfitters, and I love the oversized boyfriend fit. I paired it with a bralette from the Aerie line underneath for a little peek of lace. I love the touch of femininity it adds!
Here’s how to wear them all year long:
- Fall: style your plaid button down with boyfriend jeans and ankle boots.
- Winter: Layer it under a sweater and style with dark skinny jeans and over the knee boots.
- Spring: Toss on a basic spring dress and tie the flannel around your waist, then pair with ankle boots.
- Summer: Wear it with a pair of cut off shorts and sandals, or unbuttoned and layered over a simple t-shirt and jeans.