In a world of fast everything, I often find myself expecting nothing less from my beauty products. It's hard not to -- I want things to look better or feel better right away. I've tried a zillion beauty products over the years, so let me share six of my favorite ones that get the job done well, and almost more importantly, quickly.
1. Big Sexy Hair Powder Play. I started using this a few years ago when some blogger (who I can't remember now) recommended it. I was instantly hooked, and even though it's $16 for a little tiny bottle, it lasts for ages. I'm still working through my first bottle. As someone who has naturally flat hair, it instantly gives texture and lift to my hair without making it feel or look greasy.
2. Sauve Dry Shampoo. I'm a firm believer of not washing my hair every day. Usually I go about four to five days between washes, and use dry shampoo on my non-washing days. I've tried a bunch of other dry shampoos, and this is the best one I've used. It instantly makes my hair look and smell fresh, and it's super cheap.
3. Bremenn Clinical Zit Stick. I was introduced to Bremenn Clinical at Alt Summit this year, where they were passing out goodie bags. This Zit Stick was one of the items in this bag, and as soon as I started using it I was hooked. It literally zaps any blemishes overnight, and by morning they're gone, or well on their way to being gone. It's a little miracle worker in a tube. Get 20% off with code merrick20!
4. Biotin. I've been taking this supplement on and off for the last few years, and every time I start taking it again I wonder why I stopped (answer: because I'm horrible at remembering to take my vitamins). It helps your skin, nails, and hair grow, and although I hate that I have to shave my legs more often when I'm taking it, I always see a really noticeable difference in the strength of my nails, I have less breakouts, and my hair always grows an inch, I swear.
5. Jergens Natural Glow Moisturizer. I started using this stuff in high school and have used it almost every summer since. Really, I should be more concerned about using it in the winter, but that's a different story. It goes on like normal lotion, and the color starts to appear within two to three days, and within five days you have a full tan. I've never had any streaks, and it's a really natural looking color -- not orange at all. Also, it used to smell really bad, but this year they've changed something and now it smells great! I also started using the face moisturizer this summer and really love it too. So if you're looking for a quick tan, definitely go with Jergens.
6. Vaseline. I grew up using vaseline as a lip moisturizer and vow to never ever stop. When I've mentioned it to people in the past they think it's greasy and gross, but there is nothing better for dry lips than vaseline. I put it on every single morning and night and my lips stay soft and smooth. And if my boys lips get dry, I sneak it on them while they're sleeping (or else they'll wipe it off) and in the morning their lips are completely healed.
I'd love to know what your favorite beauty quick fixes are!