A few months ago my sisters and I posted about wardrobe workhorses. Pieces that you wear constantly, that go with everything, etc. Today is part two — a second wardrobe workhorse in our closet! Mine is this striped blazer from Old Navy. I bought it a few months ago, on a total whim, planning to try it on with a few things at home and then promptly returning it. Instead, I got home and realized just how versatile it was, and then figured out a bunch of ways I could wear it. Here are five:
1. Try it with a solid colored dress to add a splash of pattern
2. Wear it with distressed jeans to create a nice balance of casual and sophisticated
3. Pattern mix with florals, wider stripes, or polka dots
4. Throw it on over a t-shirt to instantly dress up your outfit
5. Try it with a loose or flowy top or dress to add structure
Here I applied #2 and #3 by pairing it with a floral print for some easy pattern mixing, and combining it with distressed jeans for a sophisticated casual look.
Now hop over to my sister’s blogs to see their wardrobe workhorses!