RAIDING MY SISTERS CLOSET: WARDROBE WORKHORSE

Everybody has at least one piece in their closet that is a workhorse. Am I right? It’s a piece that is a fail safe for any social event, goes with everything, is incredibly versatile, or just makes you feel amazing. But whatever the reason, you continue to pull it out of the closet and wear it everywhere.
For me, one of my wardrobe workhorses is this green utility jacket. I didn’t expect it to be quite as versatile as it is, but it’s probably the jacket I wear more than any other. It goes with everything, it’s a little bit unique and interesting, it’s not too warm and not too thin, and it always adds a great layer to any outfit. Do yourself a favor and buy a utility jacket.
Now go hop over to Janssen and Landen’s blogs to see what their picks, and tell me in the comments what your wardrobe workhorses are (anything that I must have in my closet??)
jacket: c/o chicwish
button up: c/o lulu*s
jeans: old navy
flats: target
bag: c/o jototes
glasses: c/o lulu*s
watch: michael kors

1. Ash says:

Love this outfit… you look like a movie star! =) I love my utility jacket, too. It's what I reach for when I need a little something different in an outfit (same with my utility vest, which I'm wearing today!) More workhorses for me are my burgundy cardigan, chambray (so cliche, I know) and a stretchy black and white striped pencil skirt that I wear allll the time.

2. Kimberly says:

A cargo jacket is definitely on my must-own list…perfect casual topper for spring or fall!

3. Love this look! So pretty!
    The Style Storm
    <3, Christina

4. Emily says:

I love utility jackets! I agree, they go with anything. I have a camel one, and now I'm looking for a green one, haha. Great outfit! I love the leopard flats!

5. Stephanie X says:

Love this outfit! I would totally wear it myself 🙂
    xx Stephanie (www.stephaniesstyleblog.com)

6. Sabrina says:

I wonder if anyone has pointed out that you posted about your green cargo jacket while wearing leopard flats and one of your sisters (Jannsen, I think) wrote about her leopard flats while wearing a green cargo vest. ♡ It made me smile.

7. I bought an army jacket last year thinking it was a little out of the box for me and that I wouldn't wear it that much. Boy was I wrong! You're right – it's a workhorse for sure!

~Sarah of Sarah's Real Life

8. I love your style. I just absolutely had to have a utility jacket after all the posts I saw on your blog featuring yours. Thanks so much for the inspiration! You're one of the bloggers that inspired me to start my own blog!

9. Becky says:

Could you please please please do a video of your makeup? I know you've been nice enough to share your products but I swear I can't make it look as great as you do

10. a green utility jacket has been on my wish list for ages, and I just got one for Christmas. totally my new favorite…and so so versatile! love how you styled yours =)

11. Roybn says:

I love this jacket! What size did you order? I am on looking at their website, and since all of the sizing is in centimeters, I need some clarification. How tall are you, and (roughly) what do you weigh? The company selling the jacket is in the UK, so I don't want to mess the sizing up and have to return the jacket. Thanks!

12. Roybn says:

Thanks! I'm 5'6 and 117. Small it is!

13. I have a simple sleeveless black shift dress I purchased a while back at Kohls…I wear it all the time and my outfit never looks the same. Also it has held up very well for such an affordable piece.