COPYCAT FRIDAY

I got this pair of faux leather pants a few weeks ago and have been struggling to style them. I love the idea of them, but I feel like leather pants are tough to style without looking like a hooker, or looking like you’re trying really hard to be trendy. They’re not exactly the type of pants I’d wear to the park with my boys, or just around the house, so they’ve sat unworn. Then I happened upon this post from Anna, of See Jane and completely loved it. The pants are not the focus, but they add an edgy and unexpected element — it’s just such a wearable outfit. The best part was that I owned all the pieces to copy it. It’s still not much of a park friendly outfit, but it’s simple, fun, a little edgy, and perfect for date night, lunch with my friends, or even the weekend.
Now I’m totally inspired to wear these pants more often. Ideas and inspiration welcomed in the comments, of course!
___________________________
coat: c/o sheinside
top: old navy
pants: c/o sheinside
flats: similar
bag: similar
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
also! a few new posts over at Babble this week!

1. Stephanie X says:

Love the blue coat 🙂
    xx Stephanie (www.stephaniesstyleblog.com)

2. Nina Piccini says:

LOVE This, I have paired the same plaid shirt with so many things. I love that darn shirt! I have leather panel leggings that look great as well.

xo, NIna
    afterthe40barfinish

3. Kimberly says:

I love this look and I have a pair of faux leather pants that I wear all the time! They are a lot more versatile than I originally thought too 🙂

4. I love those pants. I wonder if I could pull them off for work

5. Kristina says:

I have that same flannel shirt, and have been wearing it with coated denim for a similar look. I loooove your leather pants, so chic.

Kristina does the Internets

6. Leah says:

This post made me laugh because, to be honest, I copy you all the time.

7. Nikki says:

I love coated denim, but I too am always a little afraid I'll end up looking like a hooker haha. I do own faux-leather shorts though and have been loving them. Great outfit Merrick! xo

8. You look great! I love the leather pants. I was wondering if they fit true to size. I'm 110 lbs and have wide hips, so I want to check what size to order. TIA!

9. Love this! How about for next time, try an oversized sweater and ankle boots? Or is it too warm for that in sunny CA? 🙂

~Sarah of Sarah's Real Life

10. I think you did a great job with styling these! If you don't want to look like a hooker, pair it with something super girly or something more tough. I think the plaid adds a little boy-ish-ness and the flats were the right choice. Maybe next time add a frilly top or something bright pink? Just thoughts!

-AJ
    OccasionallyAJ.com

11. Really like this look.
    Greenie Dresses for Less.

12. Ashley Jones says:

I’m in the process of switching my WordPress blog over to a website and your post is the most helpful I’ve found so far. I had a few questions, but they’ve mostly been answered already in the comments 🙂 Jane’s tip sounds good about redirecting the admin login to avoid hackers, but what does this mean? How do I do it? I’d be really grateful if you or Jane could explain. I’m sure I could google it, but you make everything sound so clear and easy to follow 🙂 https://www.techlazy.com