There is nothing that I love more than a baby in overalls.
Here are nine things about this baby at nine months:
- He’s not crawling yet, but is starting to take a few crawling strides every few days. I’m savoring these last few days of a non-mobile baby (although with all the rolling and scooting he does, he’s already pretty darn mobile).
- He’s still not sleeping through the night every night, but he’s getting consistently better. He does the best when he goes down around 9:30, and then he usually wakes up around 7 or 7:30.
- He is now permanently in the boys room with Peanut, and both of them love it. If I take him out in the morning before Peanut wakes up, he’s always bugged at me. They love waking up early together and playing in the crib until we come in to get them at 8:00.
- In an effort to get him to drink out of a bottle (which he still refuses), I added a little chocolate syrup to his milk this week. Although he still wouldn’t latch on, he did chomp on it (which does successfully make the milk come out) for a solid 15 minutes, and screamed when I finally took it away. I’m calling that progress.
- His favorite foods are pancakes (these ones — they’re my fave too), watermelon, and cheddar cheese.
- He’s learning how to clap, and it’s pretty much the cutest thing ever. Those chubby hands smacking together? I die.
- I’m trying to teach him a few baby signs (“milk,” “more,” etc) because it helped with Peanut’s speech development so much. Although he’s not really able to do them yet, he totally understands and I love watching his enthusiastic reactions when I ask if he wants “more” pancake? Or maybe it’s just his crazy love of pancakes that’s the reason for the enthusiasm 😉
- He’s down to two naps a day now, and having him on a good schedule is the best. However, the boys naps are almost always perfectly staggered, so one of them is always awake. That is not the best.
- He looooves to dance. Peanut and I regularly have dance parties in the kitchen while I’m making breakfast or lunch, and as soon as the music comes on this little chubby arms start flapping like a baby bird. It’s really the cutest.
Happy nine months, baby boy! This mama thinks you’re the very best.