chambray top: target (similar) // belt: target (similar) // jeans: forever 21 (similar) // wedges: payless (shop) // glasses: firmoo (similar)
A few favorite things from the last week:
- I finally started my 5K training, after it was postponed about 20 times due to the-cold-that-never-ended. I'm forever indebted to Janssen for telling me about the Couch to 5K app, which talks over my music and tells me when to walk and run. Already it's going a million times better than my attempt back in 2007 (major fail).
- Along with running, I'm working to eat better, so we're back to drinking green smoothies every day for breakfast and lunch (Peanut happily drinks them too). In an effort to add just a few more servings of veggies, I'm still using this basic recipe, but now adding a large chunk of cucumber and two stalks of celery. I know, I can't believe I like it, but I do.
- Kayla, who moved up to Seattle the same week we moved to California, was in town for two days to get some orthodontia work done and stayed with us. Two days of shopping and girl talk? What more could a girl ask for?
- Buck rolled over for the first time yesterday (as you might have seen on my instagram), and I think all the attention and pressure was more than he could handle cause the moment Daddy came home, anxious to see the new trick, he clammed up. At least I got a little video.
- I spent all day Saturday at a Power of Mom's retreat up near Pasadena. I'd never heard of the organization before, but five minutes in to the day, I was totally sold. Insanely inspirational women, and ideas that have had my brain working overtime since the moment I left.
Oh, and click here to see if you won the Happy Baby Wrap giveaway!! Happy Wednesday!