Looking for a good Valentine gift idea for your significant other (or yourself?) I polled my Instagram followers and asked what the best Valentine gift they’d ever received or given was. Here are the answers!
Today I’m rounding up all the best answers for good Valentine gift ideas and sharing – because who doesn’t need help when trying to pin down that perfect gift? Most of the gifts below can work for either guys or girls. Round up a few fun ideas for your partner, or send them to link to this for a little hint. 😉
Sentimental or Sexy Valentine Gift Ideas
- Buy a map and mark all the places you’ve been together
- I did this for Philip a few years ago and I gave it to him in a frame. We got this amazing map wallpaper and mark all the places we’ve traveled.
- Buy a blank journal and write your favorite things about him or her
- Someone even suggested that the book can be passed between each other over time to write messages! Such a great keepsake. This COUPLE’S JOURNAL is fantastic too!
- Set up a date night scavenger hunt
- First make them find treats for a movie night, next a basket with stuff for homemade pizza, and lastly something sexy, like lingerie or a fun, sexy book to use together.
- Surprise them with this Game of Love
- I’d never heard of this, but it’s so creative if you’re wanting to spice things up a bit.
- Make a video of little clips from the year and put it to music.
- So special and doesn’t cost a thing! I have a video on how I make my home videos RIGHT HERE.
- If you’re looking for something unique and sexy, check out this Love is art kit!
- Not sure I’d be brave enough to do it, but you and your guy might love it!
- Put sticky notes all over the house with cute love notes
- I love this – you can even save them in a special box as a sentimental keepsake.
- Buy a special soap or a bath bomb to use together.
- There are so many great and fun scents out there – this would be perfect for Valentine’s day!
- Photo album
- February is a perfect time to round up all the memories from the past year or you could create a special album showing favorite memories or a timeline of your relationship. So cute and something you’ll keep forever! I use MIXBOOK for my photo albums. I have a whole post on how to create a family photo album HERE.
Experience Gift Ideas for Valentine’s Day
- Tickets to a fun event
- concert, sporting event, local comedian, the theater, cirque de soleil, etc.
- Give a five senses gift
- Sound (a new cd for their car, a Spotify or iTunes Giftcard), Smell (cologne, perfume or a massage oil to use together), Sight (lingerie), Touch (new sweater, warm socks, or a blanket), Taste (their favorite treat) – several people submitted this idea. So clever!
- Surprise them with a race car experience
- check Groupon for a discount! Anyone would love this for a thrilling date night. This is the company we’ve used before.
- Book a couples massage for the two of you.
- It’s a win-win!
- Steal their car from work and get it all nice and clean
- You can even fill the gas tank, add a new air freshener, and put in new gum/mints, and maybe a few treats left on the seat! This is THE BEST idea ever.
- If you love to watch shows together, make each other a “Netflix Essentials Kit”
- Include your favorite treats, a blanket, popcorn machine, and slippers or cozy socks!
- Wrap up a loaded nerf gun and keep one for you hidden close by so you can have a spontaneous nerf gun battle on Valentine’s Day
- This is such a cute idea – you can even get the whole family in on it.
- Do a challenge for V-Day date night
- Each of you gets $20, go to the mall, and you have a limited amount of time to buy 2 gifts (or whatever number you’d like) for each other.
- Get a babysitter for the day, surprise them with lift tickets, and go skiing for the day
- Give them a gift of a class they’ve been wanting to take
- Cooking class, sewing class, calligraphy, art…anything!
- Go get a pedicure together
- Pedicures for men is basically just a foot massage! You literally can’t say no to that.
- Plan a “day-off” from life and/or take a quick staycation
- Book a nice local hotel and a babysitter and plan a quick staycation where you can just relax, sleep in, and reconnect as a couple. If you can’t take a night away, you can always include the family in taking a “day-off life” where everyone sleeps in, cancels plans, and spends the day relaxing.
Clothing, Shoe and Accessory Valentine Gift Ideas
- Lululemon Commission Pants
- My brother and Philip love THESE LULULEMON DRESS PANTS wear them often for work. They’re super comfortable and still look really nice and professional.
- Jogger Pants
- Also from Lulu Lemon, Philip just bought some of these joggers and they’re a really good fit and super comfortable but don’t look schlubby. My husband is just under 5’11” and wears the shortest fit for a perfect ankle length.
- These ones are way more affordable, and although we haven’t tried them personally, they get amazing reviews.
- CUTS Clothing
- CUTS is Philip’s newest clothing obsession – this long sleeve hooded tee is his very favorite. If you need to get your man some basics, this is the place. Use code MERRICKSART for 15% off!
- Their Almost Friday and Tomboy tees are my favorite.
- A pair of Nike’s would be a win
- Add a note that says, “because you’re always running through my mind!” — sometimes those cheesy ones are just the thing!
- These are MY FAVORITE NIKE SNEAKERS FOR ME, and my favorite RUNNING SHOES.
- For guys, these are PHILIP’S FAVORITE RUNNING SHOES, and some of his favorite EVERYDAY SNEAKERS.
- Make them a “bouquet” of their favorite things
- For guys made with manly stuff that he loves — tools, gadgets, electronics, clothes, food…get creative! For girls, skincare, makeup, electronics, or treats!
- If you have little kids, get matching Jack and Winn hats for your spouse and kids.
- Who doesn’t love to match their kids!
- Order a Custom Star Map from a specific date of your relationship
- This company, called GreaterSkies does them, and they’re so unique and beautiful!
- Jewelry of any kind for her!
- Something delicate is always a win! I love my stacked rings with my kid’s names stamped on them. But also anything from Made By Mary would be great. They have stunning necklaces, rings, earrings, and more.
- New bedding or sheets
- A win-win for both of you. Boll and Branch Signature Sheets are our favorite. They’re crisp but very soft, and my code MERRICK20 might still work!
- Pick out new cologne/perfume for each other
- My two current favorite perfumes are Aerin Amber Musk and Dime Beauty’s Dans Les Bois (code MERRICK for 20% off)
- My favorite mens cologne is this one called Light Blue from Dolce and Gabbana
- Enso Silicone ring
- I’m sure you’ve heard of these – these are wedding bands that are made of silicone so they’re really comfortable! Also, I found these ones for under $10 on amazon!
- This is my favorite lingerie shop. Affordable, beautiful, and all styled on mannequins or flat lays instead of on women. This is a gift for both of you! Use code MERRICK for 10% off.
Thank you very much for a very interesting article. I’m not celebrating Valentine’s Day with a girl, but I give her gifts. She likes to attend various events very much. This year I bought her tickets to Las Vegas here https://best-vegas.com/. She was delighted. the best gift for me is emotions. Be able to give emotions.
In that year, my girlfriend gave me the best gift! She wrote an essay for me, thus freeing me from the pile of work! Although, most likely, she did not write them herself, but ordered an essay writing service https://writepro.net/ , but who cares! It was very creative and nice!
I recently ordered a paper from https://urgentpaperwriter.com/. I have always been afraid of being accused of cheating. With the services of the essay company this fear is no longer there. They only send original essays, and that was especially good! Love the quality of their writing and the quick responses.