Stockings are one of my favorite parts of Christmas morning. I always love finding cute, fun, and useful trinkets to put in my kids’ and husbands’ stockings.
I’ve rounded up some great stocking stuffer ideas for kids and teens. These are fun, small, sometimes useful and sometimes silly things that just make Christmas morning that much more fun!
A new stocking tradition I started last year
Every year when I was a kid, we always got different PEZ candy dispensers in our stockings. When my sister got married, she discovered that her husband’s family did a different flavor of Pringles chips in each child’s stockings. For the last few years, since my brother was the only unmarried child, my mom would do a crazy kind of juice shot from Whole Foods for my brother and my dad, like a mini ginger drink, or something weird. They’d always try it on Christmas morning and it was so funny to see their eyes water and they’d have to choke it down.
I wanted to start something like this for my family, so last year I decided to give them each an unusual kind of candy. I went to a local candy store that sells lots of crazy sodas, and picked out one soda for each of them and put them in their stockings. We did a taste testing on Christmas evening and tried them all — it was so funny! I got “Bacon Soda” which tasted exactly like bacon (so gross in soda form), Pumpkin Spice, Butterscotch, and Fru Fru Soda. I’m excited to find some crazy ones this year.
If you want other stocking stuffer ideas, here are a bunch of other good ones!
Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Kids
- MINI NERF GUNS
- My boys would love to have these in their stocking, they always have so much fun with Nerf guns!
- PERLER BEADS
- EARRING PACK
- If you have a little girl, you know two things. Pandas and Best friend charms are going to get a squeal of delight. This earring set that your girls can share with multiple BFFs is perfect!!
- HAIR CLIPS
- These are perfect for the two-year-old with little wisps that need to be pulled back all the way up to the preteen who just wants the extra style to her pony!
- LEGO MINIFIGURES
- My boys are huge LEGO fans, so these little LEGO minifigures are always a hit. They’re under $5, and they’re mystery packs, so you don’t know who you’ll get until you open it.
- 8-COLOR CRAYON
- This fun little 8-in-1 crayon is a great gift for a stocking!
- WOODEN PUZZLE TOY
- My boys love these kinds of wooden puzzles! They make fun and inexpensive stocking stuffers.
- No stocking at our house is complete without a new pack of underwear! I always try to get them ones with prints of their favorite characters.
- BATH BOMBS
- My two younger boys are OBSESSED with bath bombs. Last year I got them this giant pack of bath bombs to divide up in their stockings. It’s a little over the $20 limit, but dividing it up keeps it under budget.
- THE BEST KIDS SOCKS EVER
- I’ve tried so many socks for my kids and these socks are THE BEST. They last so long, are super comfortable and are low cut.
- COLLECTABLE CARDS
- LIGHT UP BATH TOYS
- These fun light-up dinosaur bath toys will delight your little kids!
- LIGHT UP SLING SHOTS
- My mom bought these for my kids and they’re so fun to shoot off at night. They spin down and look so pretty and magical. They’d make a fun stocking stuffer for your kiddos!
Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Teens
- FLAIR PENS
- I loved nice pens as a teenager. For school, writing friend’s notes, etc. Any teen would love this!
- AIRPOD CASE
- Every kid who has airpods will want one of these great airpod cases!
- This lanyard is perfect for every middle schooler who has to wear an ID! They have so many fun patterns to choose from!
- THINKING PUTTY
- Thinking putty is great for reducing anxiety and stress – something any teen could use. Plus, it’s just fun to play with!
- WATERBOTTLE/DEVICE STICKERS
- HI-CHEW CANDY
- There is so much Christmas candy and treats but I add this to my kid’s stockings and they go crazy. From littles to teens, this is a hit! (I may or may not put it in my stocking also).
- PLUS PLUS puzzle blocks
- These are under $8 and fun little puzzles to put together for a tween or teen
- This chapstick duo is great. One for home and one for a school bag!
- LARGE ALLIGATOR CLIPS
- These would be a perfect stocking stuffer for any teen or woman. They are big clips that hold your hair up while you curl or straighten or dry sections. These ones have double joints so they hold a ton of hair!