There’s something about spring for me that makes me itch for change. Instead of a big change like chopping off all of my hair or rearranging every piece of furniture in my house, I teamed up with Marc Jacobs and changed my perfume instead. Obviously a noticeable change for me, but much less dramatic than a pixie cut. Marc Jacob’s Fragrances collection embodies spring and summer for me with it’s fresh and fragrant scents, and since starting to wear both Daisy and Daisy Eau So Fresh, I’ve just felt so summery! It’s amazing what a little perfume can do to change how you feel, right?
This change has also inspired some wardrobe changes as I’ve been transitioning my closet from winter to spring. I’ve been combining my more sophisticated, classic, and structured wintery pieces with my breezy, colorful and playful spring and summer pieces, creating combinations that strike a balance between sophisticated and whimsy inspired by the perfect balance between the rich musky smell and incredibly fresh and playful scents of Marc Jacob’s perfumes.
This combination — sophisticated and whimsy — is a really fun and unexpected combination for spring, so let’s talk about achieving that look. Try these six tips for striking the perfect balance between these two styles!
- I used mint, but any pastel or neon color palette instantly adds a bit of whimsy and fun to your outfit!
- An knee length A-line skirt is the epitome of classic. Even if it’s in a fun print or bright color, the classic shape adds an element of sophistication.
- White nails are an unexpected and trendy choice this spring. I’d been a little nervous about trying them, since I usually go for more classic colors, but my husband specifically commented on how much he liked them which gave me the boost of confidence I needed to rock them. It adds a youthful and whimsical touch to any outfit!
- Feminine florals are so sophisticated, and so on-trend right now!
- Isn’t a big floppy hat just the perfect way to add some whimsy to a sophisticated outfit? I love that it’s a little big glamorous, but casual and summery at the same time!
- Since I was playing with color and prints, and adding a lot of whimsical touches, I stuck with a classic shoe. A nude ankle strap pump is so feminine and sophisticated, but a classic pump or wedge would be a great choice too!