They say that women don’t dress for men – they dress for other women. Today’s post proves that on some level with these five things I wear that my husband hates. It’s all in good fun!
Sometimes I wear things my husband hates
Do you ever wear something your husband or significant other hates? Cause I do!
I actually really love to wear things that he loves, but sometimes he has strong opinions about something that I really like….so I wear it anyway!
Just for fun, I thought I’d share five things that I wear that Philip absolutely hates. And don’t fret – this is all in good fun. He helped me put this post together!
5 things I [sometimes] wear that my husband hates
1. Red lipstick.
- This is his number one most hated thing I wear. I rarely wear it because he hates it so much, but during the holidays I’ll put it on every once in a while. He says it looks like clown lips, no matter what. And so many people have told me that their spouse hated it too, but he came around after a while, and Philip says no. matter. what. he will never, ever like red lipstick.
- He likes baseball caps, which is good, because those are my favorite style of hat. But he’s not a fan of the felt hat trend, newsies hats (I’m not a fan either), or floppy hats. The only big hat I wear that doesn’t elicit negativity is my straw hat at the beach or the pool.
3. Any jeans other than skinny jeans
- I’ve tried every style of pants under the sun, and the only style he likes is skinny jeans. Ok, they definitely accentuate my curves the most – I’ll give him that. But wide leg pants? Nope. Cropped flares? Nope. Boyfriend jeans? No, sir. Mom jeans? Not on your life. But this is one where I just ignore — I love skinny jeans, but I also love other styles and won’t be quitting them anytime soon!
4. High rise pants and jeans
- Remember when we all wore low rise jeans with a zipper the size of your pinky finger? Yeah, he’ll take those over high rise jeans everyday of the week. And while I’m not a fan of the crazy high rise pants, I love a good 9-10″ rise and can’t even imagine the muffin top I’d get from a pair of low rise jeans right now. Ha! No, thanks.
5. Biker Shorts
- I’m personally not a fan of biker shorts worn as everyday shorts. But I own a couple of biker shorts for exercising and he thinks they are straight up revolting. It doesn’t stop me from wearing them for running during the summer!
Is there anything on this list that your husband hates? Or something else you could add to this list? Spill below or on my Instagram post this morning!
Love this post! Haha!
My husband hates skinny jeans.
Haha your husband would HATE my wardrobe! 😉
This is so sPot on!
My husband doesN’t care for any type of tall boot. He would prefer bOoties and skinny jeans Over leggings and tall boots.
Oh, and crop toPs need to go. (But i agree with this too!)
haha I’m with you on crop tops!!
Just The title of this post made me lAugh out loud! It is so true that I dress for myself and other women because we know what the current style Is, haha. I only dress For my husband Sometimes if it’s his birthday or something
haha so nice of you to dress for him on his birthday!!
That’s so good. Back before we were married, my now husband hated me wearing a poncho – I did it anyway.
haha gotta do what you like too!
This was goOd. My hus hates ugg boots, any stylE. But i love them. UNFORTUNATELY i live in a Place with a lot of rain so i Don’t wear them that much.
Haha I’m with him — Uggs are not very cute 😉 But I hear they’re SUPER comfy and warm!! It’s give and take!
Sweats. Any type of sweats. But i lOve them for bed soni keep wearing them.
In his defense, most sweats are pretty unflattering 😉 But we all continue to wear them cause they’re the best!
My husband hates flats! I haven’t had any for about 5 years now, not just for that reason, but the lack of support makes my back hurt. But I still think they’re cute!
Flats! Thats weird – he only wants you to wear heels All the time or what?!tHats an unexpected one
Haha! This is a great Post – thanks Merrick!
Is he way taller than you? I bet he likes having you closer up to him if your height difference is big!
Yes, No ponchos eVeN though i think the ASYMMETRY is great. Jeans that are baggy and hIgh heels. He like form fitting, which prob does look better on my frame, but i have to have a little bit of trend.
So funny about the ponchos!
Many years before we were married, I had a pair of tight pink jeans that had a little sparkle to them. My husband thought they were the ugliest thing ever. I think the last time I wore them was probably on my bachelorette party.
Those sound like PERFECT bachelorette pants!!!
My husband feels the same about bike shorts. He also hates my birkenstocks and asks me if I’m walking to emmaus each time.
haha that’s hilarous.
Not a specific thing, but my husband hates anything he thiNks ill end uP COMPLAINING about like if i put On heels hell ask if My feet are going to hurt or if i wear a cute jacket hell tRy to talk me iNto a warmer one haha
I love that he’s watching out for you!!
Our husbands must be cut from the same cloth because these are the exact same things My husband hates, except He does’t even like baseball hats on me ♀️ When i Bought some bikers to exercise in this summer he couldnt believe they were in style
At 10 years in to our marriage i wear what i want to and tell myself he doesnt know much about fashion anyway ☺️
Every time I wear creepers, loafers or any metallic shoe, my boyfriend refers to them as “golden girls shoes”, regardless of their cost, brand or trendiness ♀️
My husband has the same Dislikes. HE claims to hate high waist but that is all I wear and he compliments me often on my outfits. I think he has gotten used to it. I think the low waist brings back memories of being younger and what he THOUGHT looked good. Same with the red lipstick.. clown.. i think they just have to get used to it. Skinny jeans.. same thing.. although, like you, i ignore and wear what I like. Great post!
i think the most important thing is to dress for yourself. if you like something and you feel good in in, wear it!
THese are exactly the items my husband would put on the list lol. He is also not crazy aboUt anything Oversized.
MY husband feels the same about ted lipstick, and high Rise jean!
Nice post Keep it up good going Check 80’s fashion https://glaminati.com/80s-makeup-trends/
My husband is the one who likes me to wear knee high boots. He feels more comfortable seeing me in boots and tights. As long as I like it, he likes it too. duotrigordle