They say that women don’t dress for men – they dress for other women. Today’s post proves that on some level with these five things I wear that my husband hates. It’s all in good fun!
Sometimes I wear things my husband hates
Do you ever wear something your husband or significant other hates? Cause I do!
I actually really love to wear things that he loves, but sometimes he has strong opinions about something that I really like….so I wear it anyway!
Just for fun, I thought I’d share five things that I wear that Philip absolutely hates. And don’t fret – this is all in good fun. He helped me put this post together!
5 things I [sometimes] wear that my husband hates
1. Red lipstick.
- This is his number one most hated thing I wear. I rarely wear it because he hates it so much, but during the holidays I’ll put it on every once in a while. He says it looks like clown lips, no matter what. And so many people have told me that their spouse hated it too, but he came around after a while, and Philip says no. matter. what. he will never, ever like red lipstick.
- He likes baseball caps, which is good, because those are my favorite style of hat. But he’s not a fan of the felt hat trend, newsies hats (I’m not a fan either), or floppy hats. The only big hat I wear that doesn’t elicit negativity is my straw hat at the beach or the pool.
3. Any jeans other than skinny jeans
- I’ve tried every style of pants under the sun, and the only style he likes is skinny jeans. Ok, they definitely accentuate my curves the most – I’ll give him that. But wide leg pants? Nope. Cropped flares? Nope. Boyfriend jeans? No, sir. Mom jeans? Not on your life. But this is one where I just ignore — I love skinny jeans, but I also love other styles and won’t be quitting them anytime soon!
4. High rise pants and jeans
- Remember when we all wore low rise jeans with a zipper the size of your pinky finger? Yeah, he’ll take those over high rise jeans everyday of the week. And while I’m not a fan of the crazy high rise pants, I love a good 9-10″ rise and can’t even imagine the muffin top I’d get from a pair of low rise jeans right now. Ha! No, thanks.
5. Biker Shorts
- I’m personally not a fan of biker shorts worn as everyday shorts. But I own a couple of biker shorts for exercising and he thinks they are straight up revolting. It doesn’t stop me from wearing them for running during the summer!
Is there anything on this list that your husband hates? Or something else you could add to this list? Spill below or on my Instagram post this morning!