Our family is obsessed with boba. We used to get it in California all the time, but now that we’re in Texas it’s a little harder to find. So we took matters into our own hands and have started making it at home!
We found instant boba on Amazon and have been trying lots of different slush recipes, and it makes the perfect summer drink.
Here’s what you need to make homemade boba slushies:
- Instant boba (we use the brown sugar flavor)
- Frozen Fruit
- Sweetener (you can use honey, sugar, stevia..whatever you want)
- Wide straws
To make the boba pearls
- Tear the top of the boba packet, then microwave in the package for 20 seconds. Remove from the package and pour into your cup. Place in the fridge or freezer to cool until your slush is ready.
To make the smoothies
- 6 cups sliced frozen fruit
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups water
- sweetener of choice (you can do sugar, honey, stevia or something else to taste)
- ice, if needed
(note: when we make strawberry slushies, we add a few tablespoons of lemon juice. If we’re making blackberry or mango, we add a few tablespoons of honey. Obviously my kids like it best when I add some granulated sugar. Do what works for you).
Add everything to the blender and blend until smooth. Start with less water and add more as needed!