Here we are a month later, just posting about my last outfit of Sewing Summit weekend. But day three of Sewing Summit was such a blast. These conferences where like-minded women are able to get together, kid-free, are amazing, and I now understand why women make such an effort to attend them — you walk away feeling inspired, motivated, and understood. The downside is that between all the fun, learning, and partying, there’s not much time for sleeping. My Polo Refashion class was the last class on the last day, so by the time it rolled around I was completely exhausted. Thankfully a bit of nervousness and adrenaline pushed me through.
Everyone came with an oversized polo, and working in a room full of amazing Bernina machines, we refashioned each of them into pretty blouses. Teaching is not really the direction I want to go, but watching these women creating something that they loved and would actually wear was such a thrill.
Also, check out my Babble posts for the month!
- Interpreting Holiday Party Dress Codes (Black Tie, Semi-Formal, Business Formal, & Festive Attire)
- Pairing accessories so they compliment, not compete
- Man in the Yellow Hat Costume Tutorial
- 10 Festive Halloween Pieces for the Woman Who Doesn’t Like To Dress Up
- My top 5 Go-To Outfits For Fall
- How To Wear A Midi Skirt Without Looking Stumpy
- A Beginner’s Guide to Pattern Mixing