My good friend, Whitney, has been doing her “especially grateful for” lists for several months. I’m inspired by everything that Whit does (I met her in art school…she was a creative genius back then too), but especially by these lists.
I want to start doing a list like this every Sunday just to remind myself of the little things in my life that I truly am grateful for.
So today I am especially grateful for…
1. Sewing. I’ve been sewing like a mad woman for the past few weeks and have loved having that creative outlet.
2. Lazy Saturdays with my two favorite boys.
3. My sisters and sister-in-law. Now that they’re all far away from me, I realize how much I love having family around and how sad it is that I don’t anymore.
4. The Book of Mormon.
5. Upcoming vacations. We have a few this fall and I’m brimming with anticipation.
6. Reading good books. I just finished The Three Musketeers and loved it. Classics are classics for a reason.
7. Good food. We are making the rounds through every restaurant in Provo, and have found several keepers.
8. My hair. I know this is kind of vain, but I’ve seriously have more good hair days in a row lately than I’ve had in my entire life combined. I recently got it SERIOUSLY textured, so it’s about 1/3 the thickness it used to be and it’s made all the difference.
9. Peanut’s little voice. He has suddenly become so vocal and tries to repeat any and every word that you say to him. I could (and do) listen to his voice all day long, I love it so much.
10. Getting back into running. It’s been far too long and it feels so good.