When summer rolls around and we’re spending many of our days at the beach or outside, the last thing I want to think about is makeup. But even on those days that I am getting ready, I go for a more lightweight face routine — a few essentials that make me feel pretty and put together, but not at all caked on or heavy. I want to share a few favorites that have become summer makeup essentials. (And with just a few extra steps and products, it will transition perfectly into my Fall makeup routine)!
1. I’ve been using Jergen’s Natural Glow body lotion for about 10 years, but I’ve only started using their face lotion this summer. I have really sensitive skin on my face, so I was nervous to try it, but I haven’t had a single problem with it and I love the little bit of color it gives my naturally pasty white face. I put it on morning and night about twenty minutes after washing, and it keeps my skin soft and smooth and just slightly bronzed.
2. I met the Bare Minerals team at Alt Summit earlier this year and they sent me home with a bunch of makeup goodies, including this Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss in Smooth Talker. It’s my go-to lip gloss for a natural summer look — just the right amount of neutral shine.
3. I’ve been using Murad products for about eight months now and haven’t met a product I didn’t like (you can read more about my experience with them here). They recently sent me their acne treatment concealer, and although I’ve been anti-concealer since high school (one too many horrible experiences with breaking out), I gave this one a try. I absolutely love it, and it gives amazing coverage but hasn’t made me break out one single time. I swear by this stuff.
4. This summer I’ve had a ton of friends get eyelash extensions. I was super interested in how they liked them, and mostly got a negative response about it — the price, not being able to wear mascara, and not being able to rub your eyes were the biggest complaints. So when Younique sent me their 3D Fiber Lashes, which claimed to have the same results at a fraction of the price (and washed off at the end of the day), I was intrigued. I’ve been using them for about a month, and they seriously do what they claim — a few little swipes, and my already long lashes look even longer and fuller with this product. They’re perfect for a lightweight summer makeup routine, but also compliment a darker statement eye perfectly. Can’t wait to use them with a smokey eye when the weather gets cooler!
5. During the summer, I love adding a bright and colorful blush to my routine. But I find that my powdered blush’s fall off quickly in the heat. So instead of using those, I grab one of my pink lipsticks and rub a little on the apples of my cheeks for an instant pretty flushed look. CoverGirl “fairytale“ is my favorite, and is perfect for doubling up as a regular lip color when you’re wanting to add a little extra color to your look!
What are your summer makeup essentials??