OUTFIT 1: TEE || SIMILAR SCARF || SIMILAR YOGA PANTS || SIMILAR JACKET || TOTE BAG || WATCH || SUNGLASSES || ADIDAS SNEAKERS c/o RACK ROOM SHOES
OUTFIT 2: TEE || SIMILAR JACKET HERE and HERE || SIMILAR YOGA PANTS || MK HANDBAG || SIMILAR PLAID || SIMILAR HAT || ADIDAS SNEAKERS c/o RACK ROOM SHOES
Have you guys heard of the “Athleisure” trend? It’s everywhere right now and it’s basically a busy/tired mom’s dream come true. I think it all started with the sneaker trend (which you guys know I love), but it’s morphed from there to include stylish gym-wear. And it basically gives you a free pass for wearing your yoga pants all day long. And heaven knows that at nearly 37 weeks pregnant, I’m taking every excuse I can.
We all have days when we leave the gym or finish our at-home workout and just can’t get ourselves out of those yoga pants for the rest of the day. So here’s where Athleisure comes in and lets you leave those yoga pants on, but all you need is a few extra steps to make sure you don’t look like you just left the gym (you know, sweaty with a dingy tank top and old athletic sneakers on…this is not athleisure).
Take advantage of this mom-friendly trend, but here’s a few ways to not abuse the yoga pants wearing privileges:
1. Choose trendy, clean sneakers. With a million cute sneaker options out there right now, there’s no reason why you should wear your old, ratty ones the entire day. Save those for the gym, because that’s the only place they belong when paired with your yoga pants. I’m kind of in love with the Adidas sneaker that are coming back, so I chose this classic white pair from Rack Room Shoes, but Rack Room also has a ton of other great brands and styles that work for everyday wear and athletic activities. Styling your yoga pants with cute, clean sneakers makes your outfit look purposeful, and not like you just never had time to get dressed today.
2. Choose the right top. If you’re wearing gym clothes on the bottom, you have to make sure the top looks purposeful, but also matches the casual level of your leggings. Don’t wear a top that looks like you could wear it at the gym, like a stretchy tank top. Instead choose a slouchy tee, a simple sweater, a cute graphic tee, or a striped top. Then top it off with some outerwear, like a leather jacket or military style jacket that will complete the look. If it’s hot, try tying a button up around your waist or adding a lightweight vest instead.
3. Add accessories. Add a watch, sunglasses, rings, a scarf and/or a necklace. These are finishing touches that will complete your outfit and make you look put together.
4. Don’t forget your makeup! Even if it’s just a swipe of mascara, blush, and lipgloss, do something that makes you look put together and ready for the day, and not like you just rolled out of bed.
5. Oh, and that hair. If you really did hit up the gym this morning, sweep your hair up in a cute high pony tail, or throw on a hat. If you’re just rocking those yoga pants cause you don’t want to wear real pants, don’t forget to do something with your hair, even if it’s just a ponytail.
Like I said, this is the best mom trend ever, but don’t abuse it! Rock those yoga pants while still looking put together and cute…all it takes is a tiny bit of effort, but you’re still extra comfy all day!