ONE JACKET, TWO WAYS

When you’re building a great closet, it’s important to start with the essentials and basics so you have a good foundation of clothing. But once you have that covered, you can move on to the more unique and fun pieces that help you express yourself and bring out your personality. For me, this camouflage jacket is totally one of those pieces. It’s definitely not a “must have” type of piece, but it’s quickly becoming a staple in my closet and I’m finding it incredibly versatile. Seriously, I would wear it every day if it was still cool enough.
Camo has recently become somewhat of a neutral, and like an olive green utility jacket, this camo jacket is lightweight but warm, comfy but a little bit structured, and can easily be dressed up or dressed down.
For a casual day, I’ll pair it with a simple gray sweatshirt, distressed jeans, and cute sneakers, then throw my hair in a topknot and I’m good for day at the park with my kids.
But just because camo seems casual, it can definitely be paired with your dressier items as long as you strike the right balance. Here I paired the jacket with a little black dress and some big sparkly earrings, then toned down the dressiness of the look with some brown ankle boots which helps the casual jacket feel more purposeful and less out of place. I also used a tote bag rather than a clutch, since the clutch would feel a little bit too dressy, and added a pink lip since that was a good way to add a bit of color without being so bold.
Outfit 1:
lulu*s sunglasses (black sold out, but other colors available!)

Outfit 2:
I’m kind of loving doing these Dressed Up Dressed Down posts, figuring out how to stretch my the pieces in my closet to work for all occasions. What do you think…do you want to see more?
You can see my first one here with a basic striped dress!

1. Angela Brown says:

Wow you look great, love both these looks. I think this is a great idea for an outfit post and would definitely love to see more of them xx

2. Kimberly says:

Love both of these looks and it gives me great inspiration for how to wear my camo jacket this year! πŸ™‚

3. Love both looks! You hair looks gorgeous here!

The Style Storm
    <3, Christina

4. Jasmin daily says:

Love when you do these posts, always looking for a way to wear certain pieces again without looking like I wear the same thing constantly!

xoxo
    Jasmin

5. Agnes Mayer says:

Great jacket. Love the 2 ways you styled it!!!!

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

6. Paige Flamm says:

I love the dressed up and dressed down looks! Keep em coming!

Paige

7. Your ankles look really tan!

8. Laura Herder says:

I love the two outfits! Good combination!!!!

Te espero en… Lauralicious Blog

9. Yes, more of these posts please!! I like how you styled the jacket, its a great fun piece.

-AJ
    OccasionallyAJ.com

10. Iris says:

Yes! I love these kinds of posts! As a mom I get a lot of inspiration from your dressed down looks. But I also want to get the most use out of my pieces so I love the dressy inspiration as well. You do such a great job making each look appropriate!

11. Juliet Clark says:

Love this post, I'm obsessed with camo and you styled this jacket perfectly for both looks!!! I love your blog πŸ™‚

12. Love your style… Thanks for keeping it affordable and still fashionable. Love it and your blog

13. Kimberlee says:

I loooove your hair in a that huge messy bun. I honestly can't get over how pretty you are and how cute everything looks on you! Lucky girl! Love your blog. πŸ™‚

14. Monica says:

Totally keep that theme up! Love the high vs. low, but also love the fact that either options are within an affordable budget. I'm so glad you do that!

15. Monica says:

16. Brynn says:

Oooh, I LOVE these posts, Merrick! I'm all about getting the most out of the pieces in my closet, so the dress up + dress down posts are perfect. I also think that camo jacket is fantastic – what a great, laid back piece to have in your closet πŸ™‚

17. emandtrev says:

First of all, you are just gorgeous!! I love both of these looks so much. I'm still on the hunt for a good camo piece for my wardrobe. Now I want something like this even more. πŸ™‚

Second, your HAIR!! I love, love it. So much.

Third, what shade of lipstick are you wearing in the photos with your hair down? It is the perfect shade for spring and summer!

18. Carl Chad says:

Thank you to get sharing this information moreover Merrick your collection is really amazing keep it up….. Slim Fit Leather Jackets

19. Simon Steven says:

Thank you so much for writing this excellent information! I am looking forward to checking out more!
    Slim Fit Leather Jackets

20. Alfred Caine says:

Thanks a ton for sharing this with us you really know what you are talking about! Bookmarked πŸ™‚ Men Leather Jackets

21. I love those cute little leopard print shoes! And the jacket looks great with the sleeves rolled up.

Tabby

22. Denise Reed says:

I would love to know where you found the leather print shoes. They are adorable!!

23. I love the dressed up and dressed down looks super cute sneaker! I like it. Thanks for sharing.

24. Darren Walker says:

The lightweight nature of Camouflage jackets makes it ideal to use for mild-weather hunting days. Good Work!

25. Wade Fisher says:

This is an amazing collection you have here. I loved it. I hope to see such adorable outfits in future as well. Thanks for sharing this. Men Jackets UK.

26. Brain Dean says:

amazing design leather jackets ready to wear i love this military design but didn’t know best place to get it, i usually wear designer jacket that i easily found online but this one look more glamorous for me.
    lovely collection of Women Designer Jackets

27. SuperLady says:

Thanks for sharing this wonderful stuff. Find more at Men Jackets UK

28. Abdul Rahman says:

Great post i like it great mens leather jackets smart looking want to buy it for my fiance let’s see where i will find the better.