TO THE MAX

I’ve never been much of a maxi dress type of person…I’ve always preferred shorter hems since I feel like they’re more flattering to my leg line. But I recently discovered that a maxi dress is such a staple for beach living. They’re so perfect for dressing up or dressing down — use it as a swimsuit cover-up during the day, then throw on a jacket and strappy sandals in the evening for dinner or date night.
Do you have a beach vacation coming up? If you do, do yourself a favor and pack a printed cotton maxi dress. It’s lightweight so it will take up next to no room in your suitcase and will keep you cool during a warm day, and a pattern will cover up any wrinkles from your suitcase. On second thought, you probably won’t have to pack anything else since you’ll just want to wear it the whole trip.
dress: c/o kiki la’rue
jacket: similar
bag: c/o sassy steals (being added to their shop soon!)
sandals: target
sunglasses: c/o lulu*s
Happy Monday!

1. mcmtino says:

I love the look, but I've always avoided maxis because I'm short. Do you think this would work on someone who is 5'3"?

2. Kimberly says:

Totally agree about the versatility – I have been on the hunt for one lately too! Love the leather jacket with this style 🙂

3. Love that maxi and it looks gorgeous with the leather jacket!
    The Style Storm
    <3, Christina

4. Such a pretty pattern! I'm so envious of your perfect waves too! lol!

5. adorable dress and loving how you paired it with black leather! xo

6. Mable Burt says:

I love maxis and I love your look. The jacket is an awesome addition. You never fail to amaze.

7. Paige Flamm says:

I am loving the print of this maxi skirt! It's so fun!

Paige

8. Kristina says:

The colors & pattern of your maxi are so pretty!! Looks great with leather.

Kristina does the Internets

9. spiffykerms says:

Awesome leather jacket, Merrick!

10. Lindsay says:

I can't believe that you have not worn many maxi dresses they are darling on you. And they are the most comfy things on the planet!! Seriously girl you are the cutest and all you wear is darling. I wanted to tell you that I had a green jacket that I didn't wear much because I have really long arms and it didn't feel right with them rolled up…whew! that was a long run on sentence 🙂 Anyhow so I took off the sleeves like you did on the leather/green jacket to make it a vest. it turned out so much better, I love it and wear it all the time.
    Love this whole outfit! I have those same sandals!! Thanks for all the ideas!

11. Laura Herder says:

Ohhh i love this whole outfit! The dress is amazing!

¡SORTEO en el blog! Lauraherder.blogspot.com

12. Amy Herak says:

Hope this inspires a maxi dress tutorial in the near future! 😉

13. Krista says:

This whole outfit is great, I love the colors in the maxi! I really liked the bag as well and was wondering if you knew when it might be listed on Sassy Steals? Thanks!

14. that maxi dress is STUNNING!! i am going to live in maxis this summer!!

xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

15. Maxi dresses are a staple for me in the summer because I hate my legs! This one is very cute, love the pattern. Looks like the top is more than a halter top too, which is nice.

-AJ