Gosh, I’m so behind on this. My sweet baby F is nearly nine months old, and here I am finally getting around to seven and eight month posts. In fact, I didn’t even get a photo of him on the couch for seven months, so I’m making do with a little photoshoot we did for some DIY stamped baby leggings I posted over on One Little Momma.
At eight months, here are eight things about Buck.
- He is rolling all over the place, and is no longer safe on any raised surface.
- Along with rolling, he scoots backward or around in a circle all the time, much to his dismay. He just can’t seem to figure out how to get his body to move forward. All in good time (I’m in no rush).
- He went from laying on his tummy to sitting up for the first time yesterday!
- We have teeth!! About three weeks ago his bottom left tooth popped through, and the bottom right made an appearance only a few days later. And happily no nursing bites yet.
- He has the worlds most hilarious and annoying high pitched scream, and if he doesn’t get his way he tries with all his might to burst your ear drums with that squeal.
- After some major sleep regression over the last few weeks, we finally made him cry it out this week. It was the worst night ever (the high pitched scream could not be muffled by fans, pillows, or closed doors), but for two nights after that he slept all the way through the night. Cue the Hallelujah Chorus!! Let’s just hope he keeps it up.
- His very favorite toys these days are balls. Philip is thrilled, to say the least. He’s hoping to have at least one coordinated and sports-loving son, and it looks our brainiac first born will not be it 🙂
- I get stopped everywhere I go, and I mean EVERYWHERE! and people tell me he is the cutest baby they’ve ever seen. At first he had major stranger anxiety and would burst into tears the moment anyone got in his face, but he’s since calmed down and has even started flashing smiles at a lucky few. The sad thing about this is that Peanut is almost always in the stroller or cart too, and no one even notices him. We’re trying not to make a big deal about it, and he doesn’t really seem to notice yet, but I do feel a little badly that he’s repeatedly overshadowed by this blonde haired, blue eyed beauty of a baby.