Five things about baby F this month:
- His hair has become so light! I’m shocked when I look back and older pictures and realize how dark it used to be. I think he’s just trying to fit in with all the California blondies 🙂
- He had a horrible two weeks of no sleeping this month — up nearly every hour at night, tiny cat naps during the day, tons of screaming, and lots and lots of nursing (which never seemed to make him much happier). We were total zombie parents, and nearly sold him to the gypsies a few times, but then two days ago, just like that, he suddenly was back to sleeping through the night. I’m praying that we’re out of the woods, and I’ll be catching up on sleep for at least the next month.
- We started giving him rice cereal about two weeks ago and although he did really well with eating it, it seemed to upset his stomach (which might have been the cause of so many sleepless nights?), so we’re back off of it for now.
- He’s started getting really interested in grabbing things lately, and my favorite is when he reaches up to grab my face while he’s nursing or while we’re playing. Those little hands are constantly moving, exploring everything around him. Often he’ll hold his hand up in front of his face and open and close his fist, just staring at it as if it’s the most interesting thing in the world.
- He has started sitting up for short periods of time, and although he typically folds in half or leans back within a few seconds, my personal favorite is when he tips over, like this: