I mention my older sister on here quite a bit, probably because she also has a blog and I can conveniently link over to her blog. But I don’t feel like I talk about my little sister as much. Maybe I don’t talk about her as much because when I’m writing a blog I’m thinking about other blogs and she doesn’t have one. Or maybe I don’t talk about her as much because when I’m writing a blog I’m also usually IMing Janssen, so I’m thinking about Janssen. Or maybe there’s a few other reasons, but today my blog is about Landen.
Landen’s always been the little one out of the three, and even though she’s only 2 years younger, is a sophomore in college, has been on more dates that me, dresses better than all of our family combined, and is incredibly smart and uses big words that I’ve never heard of, she always has and probably always will seem little to me.
– I really like having a little sister.
– I like how she lives less than five minutes away from me.
– I like how she doesn’t mind when I embarass the heck out of her by honking loudly over and over as she gets out of my car and walks to her apartment door.
– I like how she lets me borrow her shoes, even though I wear a size bigger than her and probably will stretch them out.
– I like how she lets me borrow her clothes too, and doesn’t mind when I keep them for 6 months.
– I like how she took me out to lunch at least once a week on her Dining Plus food card last year.
– I like how she’d always suggest we get chocolate balls for a little after-lunch dessert…which somehow turned into 2 chocolate balls. And then 3! And sometimes 4!
– I like how she’d always try to convince me to get peanut butter cup ice cream in the Cougareat, and how even thinking about it she’d get so excited and her face would scrunch up like a cute little mouse because she was craving it so bad.
– I like how she tries to bribe me with shoes and chocolate to have a baby so she can be an aunt.
– I like how she offered to read to me on the drive home from Vegas cause Philip was sleeping and I was getting tired. She read until she was hoarse.
– I like how she’s my personal fashion consultant, and whenever I have an event, a trip, or just a night out with Philip, she’s always a call away (or a 5 minute drive) to decide on the perfect outfit.
– I like how she calls me and gets so excited and flustered that she starts talking so fast and I can’t understand a word she’s saying, but I still laugh as if I understand what she’s talking about.
And I especially like how the other day she had 2 tickets to Thoroughly Modern Mille’s last night performance, and when she has an apartment full of roommates, and a phone full of friends numbers, she called me and asked if I could go. Me, out of all those friends. And how we laughed and chatted all the way there. And how she’d look over at me during the performance to make sure I was having fun. And how we quoted Carol Channing on our way out. And how we sat in the car before she got out, talking about life.
Thank heaven for little sisters. Love you, Landen.